Directory of International Programs
By any measure, Partners HealthCare and its founding members, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, are international organizations. Whether you consider the demographics of our patient population, the cosmopolitan nature of our staff, or the broad impact of our teaching and research, our influence is global.
As a non-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to advancing global health by leveraging our position as one of the world’s leading centers of medical innovation and practice. In an era of globalization, delivering the best medicine, whether in Boston, Beirut, Bangalore, or Bangkok, increasingly requires the collective knowledge of leading clinicians and scientists from all over the world.
The interactive map below illustrates active and past international initiatives. Click on a country for specific project information.
International Programs at Partners HealthCare
- Partners International improves health care worldwide by offering clinical development and advisory strategies, patient care services, educational exchanges, clinical program affiliations, and opportunities for research collaboration, all tailored to meet the needs of physicians, hospitals, corporations and government agencies.
- Center of Excellence in Global and Humanitarian Health provides training opportunities worldwide that complement traditional clinical residencies and fellowships.
- Center for Connected Health develops innovative and effective solutions for delivering quality patient care outside of the traditional medical setting. The Center engages in pioneering research in a wide range of connected health-related areas and works to advance the field through its convening and publishing activities.
International Programs at Massachusetts General Hospital
- MGH International Patient Center welcomes and assists overseas patients with appointments, transportation, language-interpretation services, and other administrative details, to make a patient’s stay as well-coordinated and comfortable as possible.
- MGH Medical Interpreters, for interpretation and communication across languages
- MGH Center for Global Health, improves the care of the world's most vulnerable and crisis-affected populations through care delivery and education
- MGH Division of Global Health and Human Rights cares for the world's most vulnerable by developing and facilitating health-care delivery, research, education, and capacity-building initiatives
- MGH Global Health Grand Rounds brings in experts in global health to emphasize the priorities and challenges associated with making positive changes in worldwide health
- MGH Global Health Leadership Fellows welcomes Global Health Leadership Fellows as part of its education and training function
- Global Health Research maintains a robust research portfolio designed to contribute to the growing scientific evidence base in the field of global health
- Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard seeks to establish a model of scientific collaboration that links clinical, translational and basic science to tackle the greatest global health challenges related to infectious disease research. Currently the Ragon Institute is focused on AIDS research.
- MGH Psychiatry's International Division makes clinical, educational, and research contributions to world mental health and to help reduce the global burden of disease.
- MGH Durant Fellows helps health care professionals bring their skills to those in critical need around the globe.
International Programs at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- BWH International Office, a complete service for patients visiting the hospital from countries outside the United States. From managing medical consultations and hospital admissions to travel and hotel arrangements, our International Program staff is committed to making international patients and their families feel comfortable during their stays.
- BWH Interpreter Services, which provides interpreter services for non-English-speaking and hearing-impaired patients
- Division of Global Health Equity at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, which is dedicated to addressing health disparities through training, education, research and service
- Doris and Howard Hiatt Residency in Global Health Equity and Internal Medicine, which combines rigorous training in internal medicine with advanced study of public health.
- Global Health Delivery Project, which, through a strong collaborative effort, aims to strengthen health care delivery in poor settings around the world.
- Global Women’s Health, collaborates with the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative, Harvard Initiative for Global Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, and the US Department of Defense on several initiatives around improving the lives and well-being of women world-wide.
- The BWH Global Women's Health Fellowship, which promotes educational initiatives and research pertinent to the development of global women's health, domestically and internationally
- Division of International Health and Humanitarian Programs, in the BWH Department of Emergency Medicine, comprises faculty, fellows, and staff with programmatic interests in international health, education, and research. The Division seeks to improve access to health services in the world's most stressed populations.
- International Emergency Medicine Fellowship, which prepares leaders in international health and international emergency systems. Fellows develop skills in humanitarian aid and disaster response, emergency systems development, health program administration and funding, cross-cultural collaboration, international public health, and human rights
- Partners in Health, in conjunction with the Division of Global Health Equity at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, which provides service, training, advocacy, and research to improve health care in poor communities worldwide and brings the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need. (Partners in Health partners with BWH and its Division of Global Health Equity.)