Partners HealthCare International
Partners HealthCare International (PHI) is a division of Partners HealthCare, the largest academic medical system in the United States. PHI’s mission is to transform health care globally by developing programs with a global network of highly regarded institutions committed to excellence in medical care, education and research. We foster collaborations between the leaders, professional staff, administrators, researchers, and and educators at these institutions and our colleagues at our Harvard Medical School affiliated teaching hospitals: Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, McLean Hospital, and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. This combination of results-oriented expert consulting and education and professional collaboration enables us to develop multidimensional partnerships to provide the highest impact and value to our partner institutions.
We develop relationships to enable our partner institutions to meet one or more of the following objectives:
- Plan, develop, and launch new health care that meet local and regional health care needs while serving the education needs of affiliated institutions
- Enhance the performance and competitive positioning of collaborating medical centers and education institutions
- Develop and implement new models of clinical care and education that draw on international best practice and are attuned to the needs of the local and regional environment
- Collaborate on the design and ongoing delivery of Clinical Centers of Excellence
- Facilitate mutually beneficial relationships with the Harvard faculty members who are the clinical, research, and academic leaders at the Partners HealthCare member institutions
Our experience includes programs in over 40 countries, with significant experience in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Our clients have led innovations in medical education, raised local and regional standards of health care delivery, gained national recognition for quality in health care and education, and trained and educated hundreds of health care professionals, faculty, and leaders. To serve our programs we draw upon a wide range of intellectual and professional resources, notably the faculty of Harvard Medical School and its affiliated institutions, senior leaders and faculty from Partners HealthCare System, and international experts at other leading institutions in the U.S. abroad. PHI’s roots date back to 1994, when Harvard Medical International was founded by Harvard University to spur academic and health systems development collaborations with international partners.
Read about Partners’ latest efforts to advance global health, including our responses to international health crises and disasters.
Partners HealthCare and our member hospitals are actively engaged in medical outreach around the world. Learn more about our global programs.