Partners HealthCare Patient Billing and Financial Assistance Information
If you live in Massachusetts, you may be able to get health insurance or help paying your health care bills through a state program like MassHealth, the Health Connector, or Health Safety Net. Each program has different rules and income limits.
To find out more and apply:
- Visit a patient financial counselor at your hospital or health center, or
- Go to www.MAhealthconnector.org
If you have medical bills because you do not have insurance, or because your health insurance did not cover your care, you may qualify for a discount. A paper application along with supporting documentation may be required. There are three types of discounts:
- If your bills are for an emergency and related follow-up medical care, then you may be able to get a 70% to 100% discount if you do not qualify for any state programs. The discount amount will depend on your household income.* Download the financial assistance application to apply for this discount.
- If your bills are from Spaulding or McLean, then you may be able to get a 55% to 100% discount if you do not qualify for any state programs. The discount amount will depend on your household income.* Download the financial assistance application to apply for this discount.
- You may get a 25% discount on any medical bills if you pay (or set up a payment plan) within 2 months of the date on your first bill. This does not apply to bills from Spaulding or McLean.
Important: Many health care bills are for co-payments, co-insurance, or deductibles that are required as part of your health insurance. We DO NOT discount those bills.
Click here to find a screening tool to help you determine if you qualify for any of the discounts mentioned above.
*If you qualify for a financial assistance discount, you will never pay more than what the average insurance company would pay. Discount rates are reassessed annually and may change.
You may set up a zero interest monthly payment plan for any bill, even a bill for a health insurance co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible.
Contact us to find out more
- In person: visit a patient financial counselor at your hospital or health center. Find a list of patient financial counselors' contact information across Partners entities.
- Phone: (617) 726-3884
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Please call or email to request information and application forms by mail.
Take action right away. There may be time limits that apply.
Do you have questions about your Partners HealthCare Bill?
Information in Other Languages
Information on the Partners HealthCare Financial Assistance Policy is available in other languages.Find information in other languages
Related documents and policies
- General information about financial assistance
- Financial assistance and uninsured patient discount policy
- Financial assistance application- Generally applies to emergency and related follow-up care. See application for details.
- Patient billing terms
- List of patient financial counselors' contact information across Partners entities
- Why am I getting a bill?
- Credit and Collection Policy
Pay your bills online
Pay your bills online through Partners HealthCare Patient Gateway, a convenient and secure way to view your health records, communicate with your doctor's office, and view and pay your bills.