Centers of Expertise
The Centers of Expertise (COEs) are innovative cross-specialty educational opportunities that complement clinical training by providing residents and fellows with exposure to important areas of health care delivery.
- evening dinner sessions in each Center focused on relevant topics and career development;
- funded opportunities to support travel, conference registration or research projects;
- courses to enhance and complement trainees' roles as excellent clinicians;
- access to faculty who are leaders in these areas for advice and mentoring;
- opportunities to participate in individualized electives;
- a community of colleagues from different specialties with shared interests.
Addressing the needs of vulnerable populations, the Center encompasses research and care delivery in varied resource-poor settings. Faculty bring expertise from many aspects of this complex domain.
The Center of Expertise in Health Policy and Management connects trainees with senior leadership and policy experts within Partners and the Harvard community to offer opportunities to understand the range of leadership roles and complexity of decision making in academic health care management, as well as the impact that political and economic forces that shape the future of the health care market.
Encompassing clinical teaching, medical education scholarship, and education administration and leadership, the Center creates high-impact opportunities for trainees.
The Center focuses on aspects of safety and quality of care working and facilitates work with senior leaders in areas including just culture, patient-centered care, timeliness, efficiency, and equity.