Outstanding Program Director Award
This award will recognize a residency or fellowship Program Director who has had a significant impact by
- optimizing the quality of education in his/her program
- enhancing the residency/fellowship experience for trainees
- helping individuals reach their greatest potential
- enhancing graduate medical education at the institutional (hospital) or Partners system level
- contributing to graduate medical education in his/her specialty at the national level
- Current residency or fellowship Program Director at Partners HealthCare, who has been in the role for at least three years
Nominations should include the following:
- at least one and no more than three letters from trainees (letters may be co-authored)
- letter from the Department Chair or Division Chief
- optional: up to two letters from others (e.g. Program Coordinator, Associate Program Director, faculty, Program Director colleague from another institution or another specialty within Partners) [Note: letters should not be solicited from the GME Office, which is sponsoring the award and will be represented on the selection committee.]
Nominations should illustrate how the Program Director has had a significant positive impact and what characteristics make her/him unusually effective. Specific examples of the Program Director’s dedication, innovation, creativity, leadership, teamwork, advocacy, crisis management, role modeling, and other qualities will be helpful.
Nominations for all awards should be forwarded electronically to Jean Tammaro by Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
GME Topics and Resources
Calendar Of Events
View events happening across the Partners HealthCare network.