Outstanding Program Coordinator Award
Program Coordinators play a critical role in the functioning of GME programs, including maintaining effective communication with residents, proactively identifying problems, planning and implementing improvements, conducting a variety of administrative activities, and serving as part of the program leadership team. Many Program Coordinators serve on departmental, institutional and/or national committees.
Eligibility: Current Program Coordinator at Partners HealthCare, who has been in the role for at least three years
- Effective teamwork
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Deep understanding of GME
- Commitment to the educational mission and to optimizing the resident/fellow training experience
Nominations should illustrate how the Program Coordinator has had a significant positive impact and what characteristics make her/him unusually effective.
Nominations should include the following:
- at least one and no more than three letters from trainees (letters may be co-authored)
- letter from the Program Director
- optional: letter from the Department Chair or Division Chief
- optional: up to two letters from others (e.g. Program Coordinator colleague from another specialty or institution, Associate Program Director, faculty) [Note: letters should not be solicited from the GME Office, which is sponsoring the award and will be represented on the selection committee]
Nominations for all awards should be forwarded electronically to Jean Tammaro by Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
GME Topics and Resources
Calendar Of Events
View events happening across the Partners HealthCare network.