Medical Education Awards
Award recipients, Matina Horner, PhD (right) and Helen Riess, MD (left) and Dr. Riess’ spouse, Norman Nishioka, MD, chatting at the reception.
An awards program was initiated in 2010 to recognize outstanding achievement in medical education by Partners HealthCare faculty and staff:
- Outstanding Program Director Award
- Outstanding Program Administrator Award
- Outstanding Clinical Teacher Award
- Medical Education Research Award
- Georgi Bland GME Institutional Citizenship Award
- *Resident/Fellow as Teacher Award
- *Outstanding Mentor Award
- **Champion of Education Award
Suggestions for additional award categories are welcome. The GME Institutional Citizenship Award is presented every three years.
* Initiated in 2011
** Initiated in 2014
Awardees are honored at a dinner. Each receives a cash prize and a plaque and his/her name is added to a plaque displayed in the PHS hospitals to recognize the award.
Award categories and requirements for nomination are detailed below. In addition, nominators should be aware of the following:
- Prior awardees cannot be nominated for the same award.
- Individuals previously nominated for an award can be re-nominated. Nomination materials should be updated (with consideration about how they might be enhanced-) and resubmitted.
- Nomination letters should cite examples and be as specific as possible. Letters must be limited to 500 words.
Deadline for nominations for the 2015 is 5:00 pm July 31, 2015. The initial slate of awards for 2015 is as follows:
Outstanding Program Director Award
Outstanding Program Administrator Award
Outstanding Clinical Teacher Award
Medical Education Research Award
Resident/Fellow as Teacher Award
Nominations for all awards should be forwarded electronically to Jean Tammaro.
This page was last updated on 5/18/15
Awarded for improving the quality of the training program and enhancing the resident or fellow experience.
Awarded to a coordinator who has demonstrated strong teamwork, organizational, and communication skills and who reflects a deep understanding of—and commitment to—GME.
Awarded to a faculty member who excels at clinical teaching in any or all clinical settings, and while teaching at any level along the continuum of medical education.
Recognizes a project that enhances our understanding of medical education or helps to define or advance new approaches.
Recognizes a member of the GME community who has made an unusual contribution to the hospital and/or Partners system in support of the GME mission.
The award is given to a resident or fellow who has demonstrated a passion and talent for teaching, and who has made a significant contribution to the learning of others.
The award is given to a faculty member who has made an exceptional contribution as a mentor.
GME Topics and Resources
Calendar Of Events
View events happening across the Partners HealthCare network.