Partners in Career and Workforce Development
Partners in Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) is designed for individuals interested in entry-level employment within one of the Partners hospitals. This is an unpaid training program which includes 4 weeks of classroom instruction and a 4 week internship in a basic clerical or support staff position. Our free, full-time, 8-week training program will help you become our next: Office Assistant, Unit Coordinator, Patient Service Coordinator, Practice Secretary, Laboratory Aide, Medical Record Clerk, Operating Room Assistant, or one of our many other exciting positions.
- Introduction to the health care environment
- Resume preparation
- Interviewing skills
- Medical terminology
- Customer service skills
- Office computer skills
- Internship in a hospital department
- Job placement assistance
- Career counseling and development
- Post-placement support and follow-up
- Financial literacy education
- Supportive services
- Professional image development
- Short-term paid internship for eligible graduates
All applicants must:
- Be available to attend an open house
- Be at least 18 years old and have a professional attitude
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass assessments in reading, writing, and Microsoft Word skills
- Successfully complete CORI screening (Criminal Offender Record Investigation)
- Provide verification of at least 12 consecutive months of work experience
- Speak, write and understand English
- Be able to work full-time and complete a 90 day probationary period
- Be able to attend training: Monday-Friday, 9 am - 4 pm (includes a four week internship which is 8.5 hours/day)
- Be eligible to work in the United States
June 2 - July 25
September 22 - November 14
*To RSVP, please click here
*NOTE: You will be re-directed to a Partners Job Posting Page - click "Apply Now" to RSVP for the event.
Managers: If you are interested in the program or hosting an intern please contact:
Dena Lerra, Partners HealthCare Workforce Development, Telephone: 617-643-2485
Agencies: For program referrals, please contact Project Hope, Telephone: 617-442-1880
Section 30 Approved: Course ID# 1067203
Partners-Affiliated Hospitals: View a list of all Partners-affiliated Hospitals
Find out more about the Health Care Training and Employment Program at one of our open houses.
Interested in attending one of our open houses? You can find the registration form here.
Find out more about the Health Care Training and Employment Program's affiliated internship program.
Interested in hosting an intern in your department? Fill out this internship form.
Read more about the Partners in Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) program details.
Find us on Facebook
Better Living: Internship and Job Training
The Partners Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) program offers job training and internships for local residents who are interested in having careers in health care.
Here, Rhonda Maloney describes how PCWD has helped her to reach her goals. Rhonda works as a practice secretary at Brigham and Women's Hospital and is currently working towards a degree and a career as an occupational therapist.
Partners Workforce Development in the News
Check out the latest media coverage that Partners HealthCare Workforce Development programs have received.
Work at Partners
There are rewarding administrative, technology, research and clinical career opportunities available across the Partners HealthCare network.