Partners in Career and Workforce Development
Online application for the Fall/September 2016 Cycle is already open.
Partners in Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) Health Care Training and Employment Program is designed for individuals interested in entry-level employment within one of the Partners HealthCare member institutions. Our program is internal, run by Partners HealthCare Workforce Development, and is focused on bringing new, qualified, and eager individuals into our organization. Our goal is to give our participants the tools they need to succeed as a member of the Partners HealthCare workforce, and the internal assistance to get them there!
PCWD is an 8-week long unpaid training program that is free of charge. The 8 weeks consist of 4 weeks of classroom instruction, and 4 weeks of internship in a basic clerical or support staff position within one of our member institutions. Because our program is not focused on training one specific skillset within health care, our program has successfully helped hundreds of graduates secure various positions such as Administrative Assistant, Unit Coordinator, Operations Associate, Patient Service Coordinator, Practice Assistant, Laboratory Aide/Assistant, Operating Room Assistant, and many other entry and mid-level positions!
Our training consists of:
- Introduction to the health care environment
- Introduction to Partners HealthCare-based policies and procedure
- Resume preparation
- Interviewing skills and mock interview days
- Medical terminology
- Customer service skills
- Office computer skills
- Internship within a Partners HealthCare member institution
- Post-graduation job placement assistance
- Career counseling and development
- Post-placement support and follow-up
- Financial literacy education
- Supportive services
- Professional image development
Eligibility Requirements - all applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old and have a professional attitude
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (will be verified)
- Pass assessments in reading, writing, computer literacy, typing, and Microsoft Word skills
- Successfully complete our online reference checking process, providing 4 references (including 2 former/current managers)
- Successfully complete CORI screening (Criminal Offender Record Investigation)
- Provide verification of at least 12 consecutive months of work experience
- Have strong communication skills including the ability to speak, write, and understand English
- Be able to work full-time and complete a 90 day probationary period
- Be able to attend training: Monday-Friday, 9 am - 4 pm (includes a four week internship which is 8.5 hours/day)
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Not be a current employee of Partners HealthCare or any of our affiliates
- Apply online with a resume and letter of interest OR attend an Open House at Project Hope
- Cycle 3: September 6 - October 28
Online Application available now
Interested in Applying for PCWD?
Partners HealthCare Workforce Development, Telephone: 617-643-6651
Our PCWD program is Section 30 Approved - Course ID# 1067203
Partners HealthCare Member Institutions
Find out more about PCWD at one of our open houses hosted at Project Hope.
Interested in attending one of our open houses? You can find the registration form here.
Find out more about the PCWD-affiliated internship program.
Interested in hosting an intern in your department? Fill out this internship form.
Read more about PCWD program details.
Find us on Facebook
Visit our Facebook Page
Better Living: Internship and Job Training
The Partners Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) program offers job training and internships for local residents who are interested in having careers in health care.
Here, Rhonda Maloney describes how PCWD has helped her to reach her goals. Rhonda works as a practice secretary at Brigham and Women's Hospital and is currently working towards a degree and a career as an occupational therapist.
Partners Workforce Development in the News
Check out the latest media coverage that Partners HealthCare Workforce Development programs have received.Learn More
Work at Partners
There are career opportunities in finance, I.T., administration, research and clinical support areas at Partners HealthCare and across the Partners system.