Partners in Career and Workforce Development
Partners in Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) Health Care Training and Employment Program is designed for individuals interested in entry-level employment within one of the Partners hospitals. This is an unpaid training program which includes 4 weeks of classroom instruction and a 4 week internship in a basic clerical or support staff position. Our free, full-time, 8-week training program will help you become our next: Office Assistant, Unit Coordinator, Patient Service Coordinator, Practice Secretary, Laboratory Aide, Medical Record Clerk, Operating Room Assistant, or one of many other exciting entry-level positions at Partners hospitals and affiliates.
- Introduction to the health care environment
- Resume preparation
- Interviewing skills
- Medical terminology
- Customer service skills
- Office computer skills
- Internship in a hospital department
- Job placement assistance
- Career counseling and development
- Post-placement support and follow-up
- Financial literacy education
- Supportive services
- Professional image development
- Short-term paid internship for eligible graduates
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old and have a professional attitude
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass assessments in reading, writing, and Microsoft Word skills
- Successfully complete our reference checking process, providing 4 references (including 2 former/current managers)
- Successfully complete CORI screening (Criminal Offender Record Investigation)
- Provide verification of at least 12 consecutive months of work experience
- Speak, write and understand English
- Be able to work full-time and complete a 90 day probationary period
- Be able to attend training: Monday-Friday, 9 am - 4 pm (includes a four week internship which is 8.5 hours/day)
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Not be a current employee of Partners HealthCare or any of our affiliates
- Apply online with a resume and letter of interest OR attend an Open House at Project Hope
- January 5 - February 27: Click Here for Online Application - Deadline is December 5th!
- May 4th - June 26th
- August 31 - October 23
- Apply directly to the program online though the Partners Careers site, and one of our Workforce Development staff will review your submitted application; OR
Managers: If you are interested in the program or hosting an intern, please contact us!
Partners HealthCare Workforce Development, Telephone: 617-643-6651
Agencies: For program referrals, please contact Project Hope, Telephone: 617-442-1880
Our PCWD program is Section 30 Approved: Course ID# 1067203
Partners-Affiliated Hospitals: View a list of all Partners-affiliated Hospitals
Find out more about PCWD at one of our open houses.
Interested in attending one of our open houses? You can find the registration form here.
Find out more about the PCWD-affiliated internship program.
Interested in hosting an intern in your department? Fill out this internship form.
Read more about PCWD program details.
Find us on Facebook
Better Living: Internship and Job Training
The Partners Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) program offers job training and internships for local residents who are interested in having careers in health care.
Here, Rhonda Maloney describes how PCWD has helped her to reach her goals. Rhonda works as a practice secretary at Brigham and Women's Hospital and is currently working towards a degree and a career as an occupational therapist.
Partners Workforce Development in the News
Check out the latest media coverage that Partners HealthCare Workforce Development programs have received.
Work at Partners
There are career opportunities in finance, I.T., administration, research and in clinical support areas at Partners HealthCare and across the Partners system.