Tools for Managers and Supervisors
- Would you like some strategies on supporting employee career development?
- Do you need a resource that can provide general health care career information?
- Do you want to easily access PHS Affiliate Training?
- Did you know that PHS Workforce Development offers classes for department/small groups on topics such as Financial Literacy and preparing for higher education? If you or your department is interested in an on-site class, please email us at PCWD@partners.org
Resources for Your Employees
- Are any of your employees thinking about going to college?
- Would you like to offer a Career Planning Tool to your staff?
- Do you need to refer an employee to Partners Employee Assistance Program?
- Do your employees need assistance with financing their education?
PHS Workforce Development Classes
If a manager or department is interested in one of the on-site classes offered below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. These classes have been well received at MGH, BWH, and SRH.
- Financial Literacy 101 includes skills associated with banking, credit and debt management, and investment/saving strategies. Classes are geared to individuals seeking basic financial skills. View a sample outline of the curriculum.
- Higher Education 101 is designed to help those considering career advancement to outline the steps necessary to reach their goals. Topics discussed include self-assessment, college readiness, information on health care careers and educational requirements, and some statistics outlining the importance of attaining higher education as a means of career advancement and financial security. View a sample outline of the curriculum.
Supporting Employee Career Development
Partners HealthCare Career Handbook for Supervisors/Managers:
Partners HealthCare is dedicated to helping employees advance and grow in their careers. As we build a culture of employee support and mentoring, managers and supervisors have increasingly expressed interest in assisting their staff members as they explore career options and define their goals towards advancement. Healthcare offers a wide range of professions with varied working conditions, expectations and rewards. There is also a significant range of required education and training to enter these professions.
Partners HealthCare would like to support career growth, by simplifying the initial career exploration process by collecting and categorizing information and offering tools that managers and employees can use as they start to think about the many opportunities that they may avail themselves of in the healthcare field.
This brief healthcare career guide is designed to help managers and supervisors with initial employee career exploration discussions. It is not intended to replace career coaching/counseling, but rather to help employees and their supervisors/managers to start the process. In this guide, you will find useful information on when to have career conversations and tips on how to conduct these conversations with your employees.
Partners Online College Prep Program
The Partners Online Preparation Program (OCPP) uses multimedia presentations and a simulated online classroom to help students to learn about and prepare for online college classes.
PCWD Success Stories
Meet some of the Partners Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) participants, learn about their career development paths, and explore employee advancement initiatives across Partners.
Work at Partners
There are rewarding administrative, technology, research and clinical career opportunities available across the Partners HealthCare network.