Partners in Career and Workforce Development
Partners in Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) is designed for individuals interested in entry-level employment within one of the Partners hospitals. This is an unpaid training program which includes 4 weeks of classroom instruction and a 4 week internship in a basic clerical or support staff position. Our free, full-time, 8-week training program will help you become our next: Office Assistant, Unit Coordinator, Patient Service Coordinator, Practice Secretary, Laboratory Aide, Medical Record Clerk, Operating Room Assistant, or one of our many other exciting positions.
- Introduction to the health care environment
- Resume preparation
- Interviewing skills
- Medical terminology
- Customer service skills
- Office computer skills
- Internship in a hospital department
- Job placement assistance
- Career counseling and development
- Post-placement support and follow-up
- Financial literacy education
- Supportive services
- Professional image development
- Short-term paid internship for eligible graduates
All applicants must:
- Be available to attend an open house
- Be at least 18 years old and have a professional attitude
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass assessments in reading, writing, and Microsoft Word skills
- Successfully complete CORI screening (Criminal Offender Record Investigation)
- Provide verification of at least 12 consecutive months of work experience
- Speak, write and understand English
- Be able to work full-time and complete a 90 day probationary period
- Be able to attend training: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. -5 p.m.
- Be eligible to work in the United States
2013 Cycle Schedule:
February 4 - March 29
April 29 - June 21
August 5 - September 27
October 21 - December 13
Interested Candidates: Read the Open House Information and complete the Registration Form.
If you have prefer to register over the telephone, please call 617-585-2850
Managers: If you are interested in the program or hosting an intern please contact:
Cynthia Briggs, Director,
Agencies: For program referrals, please contact Tressa Stazinski, Manager of Employer Partnerships, Project Hope
Telephone: 617-442-1880 ext. 232
Section 30 Approved: Course ID# 1067203
Find out more about the Health Care Training and Employment Program at one of our open houses.
Interested in attending one of our open houses? You can find the registration form here.
Find out more about the Health Care Training and Employment Program's affiliated intenship program.
Interested in hosting an intern in your department? Fill out this internship form.
Partners Online College Prep Program
The Partners Online Preparation Program (OCPP) uses multimedia presentations and a simulated online classroom to help students to learn about and prepare for online college classes.
PCWD Success Stories
Meet some of the Partners Career and Workforce Development (PCWD) participants, learn about their career development paths, and explore employee advancement initiatives across Partners.
Work at Partners
There are rewarding administrative, technology, research and clinical career opportunities available across the Partners HealthCare network.