Care.Com - Backup Care
Parents in a Pinch has a new name and a new look! While Parents in a Pinch has been a part of Care.com since early 2013, the name change has been made and comes with a new, updated look!
Are you a parent in a pinch, needing backup and emergency in-home care? If you are a benefits-eligible employee of Brigham and Women's Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary or Partners Corporate, we have you covered!
Care.Com - Backup Care is a service provided to benefits-eligible employees of the above-named hospitals and institutions.
In-home backup child care is available seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Child care providers are screened by Care.Com - Backup Care for references, criminal background, and health and safety training.
About Our Services
Benefits-eligible BWH, DFCI, MGH, NWH, MEEI and Partners Corporate employees may use this service at the corporate rate of $15 per hour; annual maximum's apply and vary by entity.
- To schedule care, call Care.Com - Backup Care directly at 855-781-1303.
- You may also request care online through the Care.Com - Backup Care Portal, accessible through www.care.com/backupcare, after registering.
As a benefits-eligible BWH, DFCI, MGH, NWH, MEEI and Partners Corporate employee, you have access to a Care.Com - Backup Care Placement Specialist six days a week, on the following days and times:
- Monday through Thursday: 7:00am to 8:00pm.
- Friday: 7:00am to 5:00pm.
- Sunday: 5:00pm to 8:00pm.
When calling, please identify the entity for which you work and be prepared to provide your employee ID number. Please provide as much notice as possible; 24-hour notice is best.
For More Information
You may download these PDFs for more information about Care.Com - Backup Care:
- In-home child care please review the Care.Com - Backup Care Frequently Asked Questions
- Information on household employees
- Tips for working with a temporary caregiver
- Care.Com - Backup Care caregiver screening process
- Nanny Information and Assistance
- Background Checks for a nanny that you find on your own can be accessed through a membership with Care.com. Visit the Care.com Safety Center for more information.
- Nanny Placement assistance can be accessed through the Care.com Backup Care team. Placement fees vary depending on the position.
- You also are invited to visit the Care.Com - Backup Care website at www.care.com/backupcare
Partners offers a convenient shuttle service for its patients and employees.
Connect to the Partners Pulse if you are a Partners employee.
Work at Partners
There are rewarding administrative, technology, research and clinical career opportunities available across the Partners HealthCare network.