Partners HealthCare supports Supreme Court decision to uphold many parts of the Affordable Care Act
Partners HealthCare stands with many other Massachusetts organizations in support of the Supreme Court's decision to uphold the individual mandate and other key provisions of the Federal Affordable Care Act.
“Today is an important day for millions of Americans who will now have access to health care coverage,” said Gary Gottlieb MD, President and CEO of Partners HealthCare. “Our state leaders can be proud of the example the Commonwealth has set in providing our citizens with primary and preventive care that will improve their health today and for the lives of generations to come.”
Under the slogan “Massachusetts Health Reform: Moving Forward”, stakeholders that worked together to pass Chapter 58 (the 2006 Massachusetts health reform law) convened at the State House to celebrate this victory and to reaffirm their commitment to the Massachusetts law that increased health coverage to 98% of the Massachusetts population.
In addition to Partners HealthCare, these included:
- Health Care For All
- The Massachusetts Medical Society
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts
- The Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers
- The Massachusetts Hospital Association
- 1199 SEIU
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Greater Boston Interfaith Organization
- Massachusetts state officials